A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Praise God!

The Alabama primary was yesterday. Sadly, Judge Roy Moore lost the race for Republican govenor candidate, Justice Tom Parker lost the race for chief justice, and the three other judges running with him also lost. It's quite disheartening that the Godly men we so prayed to be elected lost, but God has a plan in everything. Even though it seems bad, it's important to praise God anyway.

The big praise is that my sister Lydia got back from West Africa late last night! She had been in a very hot part of West Africa on an internship for 5 months, and is glad to be home! Mom and I drove to pick her up at the Atlanta airport at 10:30 p.m. our time, and then we still had 3 1/2 hours to drive home! I drove the last leg of the journey, and we didn't arrive until around 2 a.m. Praise God that I didn't fall alseep! I was getting pretty tired...

Anyways, it's wonderful to have Lydia back again!

Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt His name together. - Psalm 34:3

3 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, June 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you're sister is home again!

    Even though I live in Mich. I had been following the Moore/Parker campaign closely. It really is disheartening to see them lose - but you're right, God has a plan for everything.

    Have a great day :)

     
  • At 7:58 PM, June 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please tell Lydia we are glad she arrived home safely and that we are looking forward to seeing her next weekend!

    Love,
    SIL Michele

    p.s. that does stink about Moore/Parker not being elected. But God has everything under His control and He will work it out for good!

     
  • At 6:35 PM, June 11, 2006, Blogger une_fille_d'Ève said…

    I'm glad Lydia's back safely! Say 'hello' to her for me. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home