A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Friday, June 02, 2006

Morning Sewing!

Here's some pictures from this morning's sewing:

Pausing to smile

Miriam busy at work! She's doing really well, especially since this is her first ever dress to make!

The morning's progress, most of the bodice intact, minus the sleeves and some lace, and oh, then there's the zipper...

We're having tons of fun!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, June 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks good! I like to sew my own clothles because it's so hard to find modest looking stuff!

    Ashley M. 14

     
  • At 11:52 AM, June 03, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    A sewing party...how fun! My sisters and I like to do that too, usually while we're watching a Jane Austen movie or something...and thus not as much sewing gets done as we wanted to since we end up watching the movie more than stitching! And I am very impressed that Miriam is attempting to do a zipper on her first dress! I think that my first item of clothing I sewed was an elastic-waisted skirt...definitely nothing as complicated as your dresses. Well, have a fun time and I can't wait to see pictures!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, June 03, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Yes, Miriam did a very hard dress for her first one, but it turned out wonderfully, and she did a great job! I stayed a step ahead of her though, so that I could figure out the directions, (and make some mistakes... whoops!) and then showed her what to do. It worked well!

     
  • At 7:00 PM, June 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the help Anna.
    I'm so happy that we finished them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home