A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Dresses Completed!!

We completed the dresses this afternoon around 3:30 p.m. I was amazed at how quickly we got them done, especially since we didn't even have Friday evening to work on them, as Miriam was accompaning Ben Simon in a recital. But we did, and they're lovely, if I do say so myself! I just had to post a lot of pictures!

The full skirt is so pretty and fun! I also really like the fabric we got, little flowers with white and whatever other color we chose.

Miriam in her lovely dress. I made chokers from the leftover ribbon, so that we truely looked colonial. Plus, it really finished the look of the dress!

Wonderfully sewn dress of blue, her favorite color!

My dress, in my favorite color, light pink!

Admiring each others dresses :-)

Feeling quite elegant, and wishing we could go to a ball!

A view of the back. We used the leftover lace to have hairbows!

14 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, June 04, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Oh, how beautiful! I love them...what pattern did you use? Are you two planning on wearing them any place special?

     
  • At 12:11 PM, June 04, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    We used Simplicity costume pattern 5041. We're planning to probably make our "debut" in them at Elijah's graduation celebration, and wear them at for our band's solo and ensemble concert (in which we'll play a flute duet) this fall. I'm sure we'll end up wearing them other places as well, however! The funnest place would be to an old English dance... they twirl so nicely!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, June 04, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    The funnest place would be to an old English dance... they twirl so nicely!

    Oooh, yes...they do look very twirly and dancing in the old English fashion is so fun!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, June 04, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    yes it is! I've danced the Virginia Reel at a party with my daddy, and done a few old-English dances with daddy at a July 4th re-enactment. Square dancing is also tons of fun! At CTCI (the training center I'm going to this summer) they have square dancing every week, and it is so much fun!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, June 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How lovely! You did a good job! when i had my 10th b-day we had an English tea party! We also had English dresses! it was alot of fun!

     
  • At 6:12 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Elizabeth Pruett said…

    Beautiful dresses! You did a great job!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, June 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How adorable! When I was about 13, I made a dress like this with a bunch of friends. We had a sewing day similar to yours and then we had a colonial tea party afterwards!

    Looks like you had a fun time :)

     
  • At 10:40 AM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Kimi Harris said…

    Wow! Good job! I hope to one day sew as well as you.
    : )

     
  • At 3:49 PM, June 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm ashley and I have been reading you blog this past week! I have found Anna Naomi that we have the same taste for things! Can I have you e-mail? mine is

    idance4him@comcast.net

    I hope you write soon!

    Love,

    Ashley

     
  • At 3:39 PM, June 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello girls! I wanted to tell you your dresses are beautiful! I am a modest dressing lady and I buy my dresses handmade from thekingsdaughters.com. have you ever thought of making some to sell? Briana in AK

     
  • At 11:43 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Sherrin said…

    I love those dresses! Well done!

     
  • At 7:13 AM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Thanks for the encouragement! No, I've never thought of selling dresses I've made... I barely have time to make some for myself!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, June 17, 2006, Blogger Jessie said…

    That's great! What pattern did you use? I've always loved historical clothing!! You both did really great jobs. And Miriam- kudos to you for your beautiful first dress!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, June 17, 2006, Blogger Jessie said…

    Oh, I see here. You already listed your pattern number. Thanks anyway!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home