A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Friday, May 26, 2006

Praise Dance Recital

Tomorrow is the praise dance recital! I'm excited about all that we'll be doing! I'll be dancing 5 songs!

First, I'll be doing a pointe solo to Held by Natalie Grant. I'll be wearing an old-fashioned kind of long flowy dress, that works well for dancing! You can see a picuture of it here, here, and a picture of me dancing in it here, since it's the same dress I wore for Esther in the musical we did last year. I'm also using the blue scarf I wore as a prop. I hope it goes well!

The next song we're doing is Praise You In This Storm, by Casting Crowns. We'll be wearing the white top (the ones we wore for this dance) and some white and blue baggy pants... More like culouttes, really.

Then we'll be doing Set Me Free by Casting Crowns. This dance is kinda hard in the beginning, because we have to dance with our wrists bound until Jesus sets us free! It is hard to turn and leap with your wrists together! For this and the remainder of our dances, we'll be wearing the white top and skirt.

The fourth dance will be While You Were Sleeping by Casting Crowns, the same one we did for the National Day of Prayer. Can you tell that we really like Casting Crowns songs? Their lyrics are so good!

The final dance is I See The Lord, done by I don't know who! It's a 9 minute song, so thankfully we aren't dancing the whole time! The beginners, intermediate, and advanced dancers interchange, then finally join together with flags for the very end of the song.

That last song will be the finale, and the recital will be over! I pray that all goes well, and everyone there sees Jesus dancing through us.

(Sorry to anyone who thought the above boring! :-) I know that a few dancers read my blog, so I thought they'd at least be interested!)

7 Comments:

  • At 4:56 AM, May 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds exciting, Anna! I know I can't wait to see it.

     
  • At 5:02 AM, May 27, 2006, Blogger The Patriot said…

    Good luck Anna! I will be praying for you. (That's a lot of dances; hope you don't cramp up or anything!)

    Bless God with your dancing!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, May 27, 2006, Blogger MORTONCLAN said…

    Hope all goes well! Your pictures are beautiful! I enjoy your wonderful blog so much!
    In Christ,
    Adeline M.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, May 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was before 12 o'clock this morning, Samantha.

    The recital was wonderful, Anna!
    "Set Me Free" was my favorite.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, May 27, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Thanks Miriam and Jennifer! Everything went really well, save a few mishaps, such as not enough flags being brought for the last song, but things worked out for God's glory!

    Sorry that I didn't get the time to you in time, Sami! It was at 11:15 a.m., so it was too late.

    I'm glad you enjoy my blog, Adeline! I enjoy yours as well!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, May 27, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    A late comment...but from a dancer so I was not at all bored reading about the dances! Glad to hear (from your comment) that all went well...will you be posting pictures? I hope so!

     
  • At 6:00 AM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Sorry Jessica, not one of my family took pictures! Elijah videotaped it instead, and we're going to be making DVDs for a lot of people who didn't want to purchase the $30 recital tape. Elijah will just make if for free! (I have such a wonderful brother!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home