A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My Childhood Dream

Last January, mom and I went to an Above Rubies conference. It was a lot of fun, and we took many pictures! There was also a lot of good things to be learned! Pearl and her daughter, Meadow, were the singers for the conference. They sang a beautiful little song the first night, and I thought I'd share the lyrics with you. We got the CD that has it on, and I've listened to it quite a few times since then! It could, in many ways, describe me when I was a little girl. I know that in many of your eyes, I, only almost 16, am still quite young! :-) But this song voices my childhood dream so sweetly. I have had many dreams as a child and now, but my biggest dream has always been to be a wife and mommy one day. ...Grant me this little girls wish


Annabelle

I cuddled my baby and whispered a sweet lullaby,
I swaddled her in a blanket I'd made by hand,
I kissed little Annabelle's cheek as I held her tight,
She was the prettiest little baby doll in all the land.

For a girl of seven wanted nothing more,
It was more than just pretend, it was what I was made for.

*Chorus*
Only a childhood dream
But make it real, let me be
Like the mother in my childhood dream.

All the dolls and the teddies I lined in a row,
The more I could gather the more fun it was to play,
I read them a story and told how I loved them so,
I was happy and wistfully dreaming on the day.

For a girl of seven wanted nothing more,
It was more than just pretend, it was what I was made for.

*Chorus*

Grant me this little girls wish,
With arms full of heavenly treasures,
May I be as contented and joyful
And give me the sparkle of childlike pleasures.

*Chorus*

For the backround of the song, click here.

14 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, May 24, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    That is absolutely beautiful...thank you for sharing! Now I really want to hear the song so I can learn it. For that's my "biggest dream" too...

     
  • At 5:01 AM, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear, Sweet Anna Naomi,
    That was my dream and wish as a child as well. I could not imagine anyone not wanting as many babies as God would give. You and your siblings are SUCH a BLESSING to me !
    Remember the story of Elijah and the woman who gathered the pots for oil? (See (I Kings 17.) Children are vessels that God can fill with His Holy Spirit. You may think that is a strange analogy; but God does want us to TRUST HIM in EVERY aspect of our lives, including our "fertility."
    It's not to early to be learning about such things. I wish I had understood what you are learning at your age.
    May you and your sweet blog friends and all the godly young women be BLESSED with husbands of FAITH and faithfulness to God FIRST.
    TRULY if you do "seek 1st His Kingdom and His Righteousness" you will receive your heart's desire because you will be desiring what He wants for you.
    I love you sweet daughter.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: "There is NOTHING like a baby !"
    But even babies are not "ends in themselves;" if they were they would become our little "idols."
    The beautiful thing is to have the opportunity to disciple them from "Day 1" to know and LOVE The LORD and to WORSHIP him and to share the Joy of Living in God's Presence and to impart The Word of The Lord even as a mother nurses her babies and doesn't hold back from giving "the sweet milk." God's Word is freely given to us as well.
    I could go on and on... :)
    BLESSINGS !
    Anna's mom

     
  • At 5:35 AM, May 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really like that song too, Anna.
    It's so sweet. I wan't like that when I was seven, but I feel that way now. :)

     
  • At 7:13 AM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Anna's Mom...thank you for sharing your comment...it was encouraging and wonderful to read!

    Anna...what do you think of the rest of the CD this song is from? After reading this song, I would love to actually hear it...so am wondering what the rest of the music on the CD is like. What type of music is it, etc.? Thank you so much for any info!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Jessica, the CD is called Peace All Over Me and I really like it! It has a lot of songs that pertain mostly to being mothers and wives, but even though I'm not one yet, they're still encouraging in day to day life. The music is very melodic and pretty, I don't think they really even use drums. It's mostly guitar, with some other instruments interspersed. Serene and Pearl sing beautifully, and the harmonies are SO pretty! They have really good harmony! I would highly recomend it!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Wow...that sounds like a great CD...I love good harmonies! Hmmm...I think I'll "have" to get it...so thanks for the recommendation!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    It is a good cd! I just listened to it again this morning, and noticed that it does use drums, but they're very soft. Just wanted to make sure I got my description right!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Though I'm not anti-drums...thanks for clarifying anyway! I was reading on the "Above Rubies" site and it mentioned that Serene and Pearl used to record professionally under "Considering Lily"...have you ever heard any of those CDs?

     
  • At 4:47 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    I didn't think you were anti-drums, I just wanted to make sure I got the description right! :-) No, I've never heard any of the other CDs. All I have is Peace All Over Me and Sooth Me

     
  • At 6:03 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Sooth Me...I hadn't heard of that one...do you like it as much as Peace All Over Me? Sorry about all the questions...it's just always exciting to find new music!

     
  • At 5:11 AM, May 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have "Soothe Me" also, and I like it. But I think I like "Peace All Over Me" more.
    There are two really good songs on the former CD, though.

     
  • At 6:32 AM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Soothe Me is good, but I listen to Peace All Over Me more... maybe just because I really like to hear the Annabelle song! :-) There is one song that I really like on Soothe Me is called "Above Rubies". There's other good ones as well, that's just the one I remember at the present!

     
  • At 6:01 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Alright...thanks for all the info!

     
  • At 11:08 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Sherrin said…

    Thanks for sharing about this :). I had a look at your other posts about the Above Rubies retreat too. I keep praying God will enable me to be a wife and Mum someday - yet even at 24 I am still content most of the time with where he has me right now. If he does not give me my wish, and frequent prayer, I trust he'll enable me to cope with that.

    It is great how you are so open about your heart's desire, and also trusting the Lord that you will someday be a Mum.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home