A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Sunday, June 18, 2006

My Dear Daddy

My dear daddy is
A very special man.
He's loving and kind,
And do many things he can!

He grew up in Africa,
An authentic M.K.
He got older and went back,
For 2 years to stay.

He went to college in America,
Met mom, and got married.
He became a doctor at Harvard,
So he could help those in need.

Luke was born in Boston,
Maria in Georgia,
Miriam came along in Missouri,
And in Belgium, there was Lydia!

Elijah was born in Arkansas,
Then at home, along came Anna.
Jubilee a was the very last,
Born at home in Alabama!

My daddy is a fix-it man,
And keeps things in good condition.
"Why bring it in when I can fix it?"
Is the motto of this mission.

Many projects he has done,
A guest house is the latest.
It's not done yet, for he's built
It all to make it the very best.

My daddy's not afraid to
Do bold and daring things.
He's danced with me twice,
And can harmonize and sing!

He's taken our family on many trips,
To make many memories.
"Many things you may forget,
But travel is memorable," says he.

He's a wonderful father,
And leads our family well.
He makes sure we have family time,
And of God he 'oft does tell.

He's done many more things,
Far too many for me to say,
But I wanted to honor him,
And say, "Happy Father's Day!"

I wrote this for daddy for father's day. I know it's a bit silly, but I only had an hour this morning to do it while there wasn't many people around, and it was quiet!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Ella said…

    I did the exact thing for my dad two years ago. Mine was rather silly too. But Dad liked it anyway. I thought yours was good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home