A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dresses are fun!


I've had so much fun wearing dresses the past few months! They are so much more fun to wear than pants! I love the feel of a skirt whipping around my legs... It makes me feel so womanly and feminine!

Dresses are just simply more fun! It is so fun to pick out a pretty dress or skirt to wear each day, and throughout the day, I love looking down and seeing the lovely thing I'm wearing! It makes me feel so graceful... sometimes it feels like I'm floating with a beautiful skirt billowing out around me! Not to mention how one looks in pictures... Pictures in a dress just look so much prettier than pictures in pants!

It does feel weird some times, to have people eye you and imagine their thoughts thinking, "Why in the world is she wearing a dress?" However most times, I get lovely comments on how pretty the dress or skirt is, and approving glances from women as I walk through the store. I seem to be treated more like a young woman. Sure, some people think I'm quite strange, but the delightful feeling of wearing dresses outweighs it!

I know that they aren't for everyone, but I sure do love wearing dresses! I just thought I'd share that with you all. I haven't regretted the decision made last February to start wearing almost entirely dresses. It's just so fun!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:05 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Susan said…

    I'm sitting here at the computer in a tiered denim broomstick skirt like the one in your photo :). How funny. We need to stop dressing alike! ;)

    It was so much fun to read your post (and the other to which you linked), Anna. We must be kindred spirits :). I started wearing skirts almost-exclusively about 4 years ago (when I was 18), and it is so much fun! I delayed "making the switch" because I knew my friends and family would think I had lost my mind a bit ;). But now I don't mind, and they're used to it :). It really is so much fun to wear skirts, and they are so much more comfortable than pants or shorts - and easier to find! I love how feminine I feel in skirts :), and they are so under-rated in our society. I wouldn't recommend certain activities in skirts, mind you, but most activities can be done comfortably and safely and modestly in a skirt. They're also so much more fun to sew :).

     
  • At 7:07 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Thanks for the comments girls!

    Susan, that is too funny! How in the world do we happen to be wearing the same clothes when we see a picture of the other wearing them?

    It does seem like we're somewhat of kindred spirits! :-) They're always nice to find! I too delayed making the switch, after wanting to for quite a few years, for yes, I thought everyone would think I'd gone haywire! But, like you said, they've gotten used to it, and I am so much more comfortable.

    I do agree that there are some things that are not good to do in skirt... like this summer I'll be going to a camp with a lot of outdoor activities, so I don't think skirts would be the best apparel!

    And yes, they are so much fun to sew!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Oooh...I love skirts/dresses too! What a great post!

    And here's another "kindred spirit", girls (though I'm not currently wearing a denim-tierd skirt!)...about four or so years I ago, I too started wearing skirts/dresses almost exclusively and love it! I'm the only girl in my family who dresses this way and I don't have many friends who do...so it's always nice to find others who do. And it's especially nice to find other girls who are dressing that way even when their families or friends don't...and I too know well the odd looks from the general populace. But anyway...I could go on and on about feminine dressing...but I won't, at least not right now!

     
  • At 6:21 AM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Thanks for your comment, lioness_for_him! Sewing is a great way to find dresses that are pretty and practical! I wasn't very good at sewing when I started, but practice pays off! You can also find some pretty skirts now-a-days. There seem to be quite a few, long, flowy ones in the stores, at least around here.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, December 02, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know this is a late comment,but I've just made the decision this week to wear skirts and dresses all the time. Well, not ALL the time,because I ride horses(western),and only then to I think it would be more practical to wear pants.Simply because horses are rather unpredictable %80 of the time,and I'd rather not trip on a skirt or dress! =)and riding astride in a dress may not be the most comfortable.If side saddles were still something widely sold, I would consider it! But I do agree with you on how feminine and beautiful I feel in a dress.Not to mention my fiance LOVES it!He agrees that a woman looks so feminine and godly in a modest dress.I am very happy with my decision. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home