A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sewing Again! :-)

I've been sewing again! It's a lot of fun, and now it's going really fast! I cut out my dress on Wednesday evening, and it is now all done, except for some lace or ruffle that I'm going to add to the bottom, and a sash. I'll be going to Walmart whenever someone goes out (as I can't yet drive myself) and I'll get them there. I really wanted to finish it to wear tomorrow... but unless daddy ends up going to Lowe's tonight, and I ride along to go to Walmart, it looks like it'll have to be another Sunday before I wear my new dress.

The pattern I used is quite simple, yet pretty! I plan to use it again! I lengthened the skirt (as I usually do) and am adding the ruffle and sash. The cloth I got is really pretty too! This is my first spring dress to make, so I got to get my hearts desire of fabric... pretty flowers! The other times I've made clothes, I had to get something darker, since it was fall or winter. But now, I got beautiful white fabric with pink, purple, and blue flowers (my three favorite colors) and green leaves. I can't wait to wear it! I'll post a picture of it as soon as it's done.

My next sewing project? A swim suit with shorts underneath and a longer, pretty skirt. You can see the pattern here: Biblical Womanhood Online Swimwear

3 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, April 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't wait to see the dress, Anna!!
    I'm sure it will be beautiful!

     
  • At 1:13 PM, April 30, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Oooh...sounds pretty! I'm excited to see the pictures! And I'd be curious to hear how your swimsuit turns out...I've seen that pattern at Biblical Womanhood and it looked interesting...

     
  • At 6:03 PM, April 30, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    I'll post pictures as soon as I finish the dress! I'll definitely blog about how the swimsuit goes! It should be interesting... I've never sewed with lycra before, so I hope it goes okay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home