A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Saturday, June 17th

Here's pictures from Elijah's graduation and Lydia's return home celebration. It was a lot of fun, especially since Luke's, Maria's, and the Granparents were there, and I got to see friends I hadn't seen in a long time!

Sara, James, Zach, Alex, Nate, and Danielle wore the matching clothes I'd made them

The whole group. Mr. James, Mr. Jimmy, and daddy played guitar, Miriam Hart and I played flute, and Lydia played violin.

Elijah recited Romans 8

Mom and dad gave him his high school diploma, from Jesus is Supreme Family Institute.

I danced...

to Held.

Lydia spoke about her time in West Africa and showed pictures, all in her authentic garb.

Jubilee sang Psalm 34

Miriam Hart and I did a Mary and Martha double monologue. Here we're looking "We're almost on!" to each other.

Miriam was Mary, and beautiful one at that!

I was Martha, very practical and hardworking

Another cute nephew, sweet Nathaniel Mark

Miriam Lofgren and sweetie Zachariah John, her little buddy

Well, everyone except the Grandparents left after lunch today. It's sad to see them go, we had a lot of fun! We did usual Lofgren things, playing a LOT of games! :-) I also cooked huge meals... it's amazing how much 19 people eat! I look forward to getting a bit more rest, having 18 people staying in one house gets one tired. But I'm so glad they could come!!

14 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, June 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh I love your family!!!!!! I love the song held! it makes me cry all the time! I'm in High school now!!!!

    ashley

     
  • At 7:04 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Susan said…

    Awww! It looks like a fun time. And your nephews and nieces are adorable. . . so are the outfits you made them :).

     
  • At 6:22 AM, June 19, 2006, Blogger une_fille_d'Ève said…

    Sounds like a very exciting, special celebration!

     
  • At 2:53 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Oooh...pictures, thanks for sharing! The location looks so green and beautiful...is it near where you live? And I wish I could see your "Held" dance...did you choreograph it yourself? And it's en pointe, right?

     
  • At 5:09 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    ?Jessica, glad you like our land! :-) We had the celebration on our basketball, down in our green, wooded valley. We only own 2 acres, but our 2 neighbors own hundreds, so we've loved playing in their woods. I did choreograph Held and it was en pointe for the recital. However, since I was dancing on the concrete on our basketball court, I decided that pointe shoes were just too hard. Plus, I didn't want to tear them up.

    All the others, thanks for the comments!

     
  • At 5:32 AM, June 20, 2006, Blogger neonbutterfly139 said…

    I found your website in an Above Rubies newsletter. Those are awesome pictures. Looks like you guys had fun.

     
  • At 6:03 AM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Wow...how wonderful to have all that right out your door! And good thinking in not doing it en pointe on your basketball court...not only would it tear up the pointe shoes, but also you if they caught and you stumbled or something...OW!

     
  • At 1:15 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger The Patriot said…

    Dancing on concrete. Ugh. And I thought carpet was bad!

    Always love to see pics of your family, Anna! :)

     
  • At 3:14 PM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You never should dance concrete . it would really hurt your feet! Is'nt odd I'm also working on my own dance to the song held! How funny!

    ~ashley~

     
  • At 4:43 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Ella said…

    What wonderful pictures! It makes me more desirous to have a big family. I love how green it is!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Glad you all enjoyed the pictures!

    I know that dancing on concrete isn't good, but unfortunately, there wasn't much of a choice. It was either that or a very small rug, on the concrete, which I would slip on. I was very careful however, and only had one jump, a tour jete, in the dance, and I landed softly. I am very careful on concrete!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We all had a great time visiting you all!!! The picture of Zach and his aunt Mimi turned out so well! I need to get a copy of that and put it in his room. He loves to look at it on your blog. :)
    Are you going to come with your dad when he takes Elijah to college?
    SIL Michele

     
  • At 5:54 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Yes, the Miriam-Zach picture is so cute! I can make a cd of pictures for you, and try to get them to you whenever we next see you.

    I haven't thought that far ahead, as to going along to bring Elijah to college... I've got to get through July first! It'd be fun though. I can't believe he's going THIS August...

     
  • At 5:47 PM, June 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, it sure is going to be different with Elijah gone.

    True, we won't have to hear him complain about band anymore ;)
    But....what will we do when we have a computer emergency? LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home