A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas Has Come and Gone...

Christmas has come and gone, and I have neglegted this blog shamefully! The days slowed down some, but still seemed to get filled. Christmas weekend was really fun! My sister Miriam came over every day from Friday to Monday! It was a lot of fun with her over, and we of course played tons of games! It was a really fun time since Lydia is here as well!
On Friday we attended the church Christmas party at the Paces house. Not all of the families could make it, but I had a great time with all that came. We sang and played a lot of Christmas carols, and I also did a monologue as told by Mary, the mother of Jesus. I can imagine that Mary (probably around my age) was really scared about being told she was to bear the Messiah! Her willingness to do whatever the Lord asked of her is something we can all learn from.
We opened presents on Christmas Eve, which was of course a lot of fun! I'm so thankful for all I received, but most especially thankful for God sending Jesus to us so long ago.
Monday was a really memorable day. Miriam, Lydia, Elijah, Jubilee and I rode 13 miles to our friend the Paces house. It took almost two hours, and was very tiring! As if that wasn't enough, after we got there I babysat Abi, Christopher, and Gabriella! I got exhausted, but had a good day.
Yesterday I edited a lot of camping pictures, which I'll upload pretty soon. Today was spent mostly cleaning, for Maria and her family are planning to show up here later tonight. Luke's family is coming tomorrow, so we'll have a full house! I hope and pray each one of you had a blessed Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home