A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Busy Busy!

Have I been busy lately or what? So busy in fact, that I haven't posted here for more than a week! Sorry! Things are finally beginning to slow down, now that both dance classes have stopped for the holidays, and our band concert is on the 19th.
Last week I was gone every single day! No wonder I had no time to post! Monday I babysat the Mortons from afternoon to evening. It was fun, but a bit challenging to keep 5 children plus Jubi happy at the same time! Tuesday I was home during the day, but I don't know where the time went! Tuesday evening was our last Perspectives class. Wednesday we went to the Hart's choral performance at the mall, where we met the Davies, the family who produced a neat movie entitled Bluestate: Tolerance For All. They invited us to their church to hear the Harris twins speak that night! But, first things first! After ballet, we went home, just to turn around and head back out again!
Alex and Brett Harris are amazing speakers. They are only 17 years old, yet are already setting out to change the world! Their blog is entitled The Rebelution, with a slogan to "Do Hard Things". They spoke that night on the "Myth of Adolesence" and "Ruining our lives with fun". It was very encouraging to hear teens who felt the same way I do on many things, and are not afraid to share it!
Thursday was the usual band and ballet, with stops at Walmart and the Millbrook library. Friday, I again babysat the Mortons from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.! It was a bit longer than I had anticipated, so I didn't get much schoolwork done. Soon after I got home we were off to see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! The movie was amazing! It was so cool, because they actually stayed true to the book by C.S. Lewis. The effects were just excellent, and the actors astounding! I would recomend the movie to anyone, it was so clean and exciting!
Saturday I went to see the Nutcracker performed by the Montgomery ballet. All the dancers did very well, and it was easy to get inspired. However, the costumes worn were typical ballet ones... not very modest. That's why Ballet Magnificat! is so wonderful, taking back the arts for God!
Sunday we got to meet up at the Turners! I also got to drive my first automatic car, and let me tell you, it is so easy! After having to deal with the horrid clutch all the time, the white car was a breeze! I was so happy to see Bekah T and Lizbeth (and everyone else of course!) after almost a month! We quickly caught up with eachother, and had such a good time, one only soul mates can have! I'm so thankful that God gave me such wonderful friends!
Today has mostly been spent trying to catch up on some school work that hasn't gotten done. I finally wrote my essay on a defining moment in my life. I had been putting it off for lack of time and a topic, but I finally chose to write about the musical I put on last summer. You can look for it on the website as soon as mother makes the necessary corrections.
Now that I've caught up with you, a load's been taken off my mind. Maybe now I'll go back to my extremely exciting book, the third in the Stonewycke Legacy series by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella. I get so engrossed in it!
Adieu for now!
Anna Naomi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home