A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Happy Birthday Grandma!
I hope that on this day
You'll have fun and will enjoy
The things we've planned for your stay.

Enjoy the yummy food that's made
In honor of you.
Enjoy the presents that we gave
And all the things we'll do.

Eight-two years, what an age!
Yet you're still spry and going strong.
It's been a joy to have you here,
And I'm glad your visit's long.

Thank you for all the things you've done
For us down through the years.
The hugs, the smiles, the gifts you've given,
The laughter and the tears.

Thank you for the legacy you are
Giving us as we are growing.
Thank you for raising Daddy in God's way,
So that he's showing

Us the the way to go, down the
Straight and narrow way.
Thank you for the prayers you've prayed
For us so many days.

I hope that this next year ahead
Will be the best one ever!
Thank you for being such a good Grandma!
I love you, and will, forever!

Your granddaughter, Anna Naomi Lofgren

2 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Ella said…

    What a lovely poem. How fortunate you are to have a godly Christian grandmother!

     
  • At 6:38 AM, June 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It made me sad. My grandmother whom I loved with all my heart died last year. Please pray for my family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home