A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Where would I go?

For the short biographical sketch that I have to send in for my Ballet magnification! Summer Intensive application, I had to answer the question, "If you could go one place in the world, where would you go, and what would you do?"

My first response was, where in the world would I want to go? I'm not really one that really likes to travel. However, after a lot of thought and perusing on the encyclopedias, I finally decided. It's not written too well, but I thought that I'd post it anyway. So, here it is:

If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to Scotland. From Alabama across the ocean to the United Kingdom I would fly. I would make my way over the mountains and the deep, blue lakes to the northern part of the island of Great Britain, where the Scots make their home.

I would travel throughout the country, enjoying the beauty of God's creation. First, I would go to the rugged Highlands, to see the magnificent mountain ranges, green valleys, and beautiful lochs (lakes). From there I would make my way across the Central Lowlands, and see the river valleys, rolling farmland, and towering forests. Finally, I would traipse through the Southern Uplands to see the cragy cliffs, rolling moors, and beautiful pastures.

While in Scotland, I would spend time with the people, descendents of the rugged warrior-clans of old. I would visit the picturesque fishing villages and the quaint farms. In the evenings, I would ask the Scots to sing for me the auld bards and ballads, as well as the lilting lulabies. I would spend hours simply listening to their lovely Scottish accents, and admiring the wee bonny lads and lasses.

In addition, I would make time to attend at least one Scottish festival, and see the clans arrayed in their kilts. I would listen to the bagpipes, and even join in to dance the Highland Fling and Scottish Reel.

Above all, during my travels and visits, I would try to be a witness to the people of Scotland, and show them the way to God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

~Anna Lofgren~ May 7th, 2006

7 Comments:

  • At 4:26 AM, May 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's just where I've always wanted to go!! Did you steal my thought? j/k I don't think it was badly written at all, Anna. You did a great job. :)

     
  • At 6:08 AM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    The encyclopedia's a wonderful thing... I knew some about Scotland from books, but I got all details of the terrain from the encyclopedia. That's where you wanted to go Miriam? For some reason I thought it was England... anyways, it took me forever to find a place, but after reading all those George MacDonald books, and the Stonewycke series by Michael Philips, it sounded like fun!

     
  • At 5:06 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger The Patriot said…

    Oh dear. A big black fast spider just crawled across the computer desk and scared me half to death. I better make this quick; these may be my last dying words... ha ha.

    Yes! Scotland is where my ancestors came from and that's where I dream of going someday. Hey; when we finish with college or whatever let's travel together! I get excited just thinking about it! :) I really, really want to see a huge castle before I die. That's my dream!

     
  • At 5:14 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Poor Jen! I don't think I'd still be sitting down if a spider did that! ugh!

    You know, when I was writing this, I totally forgot that your ancestors were Scottish! I don't know where my brain went... Well, I guess you and Miriam and I will just have to plan a trip to Scotland one day! :-)

     
  • At 10:22 AM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    Oooh...Scotland! I so want to go there too...

     
  • At 2:40 PM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Scotland is part of my heritage background, too! I would enjoy going there as well as many other places around the world. :)

    SIL,
    Michele

     
  • At 2:51 PM, May 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I do want to go to England, but same as you, after reading the Stonewyke books and others, I really want to go to Scotland, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home