A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Monday, March 06, 2006

You're In a big family when...

From my own experiences, you know you're in a big family when...

When in a Walmart checkout line, you have a hard time remembering which number sister you are

Yet another sibling leaves home, and you think that a family with two parents and only three children is way too tiny!

You wear clothes that have been worn by 3 different sisters before you (and later pass them on to your younger sister)

You find it easier to cook for 6-8 people than it is to cook for 2-3

You do 3 to 4 loads of laundry in one day, and there's still more clothes!

All of your parents, siblings, and neices and nephews stay in the same house, for a total of 17 people (and only two siblings have married so far)!

Your younger sister was born 19 years after your oldest brother

You shove a lot of tables together at restaurants so that the whole family can sit at one table

You have one other family over for dinner (after a few siblings from each have left home) and you have 14 people to feed

Your family used to use almost a gallon of milk per day!

You could almost always find someone to play with you as a child

You delight to tell people that no, there's not just 3 of you, you have 4 other siblings that have already moved out!

You want to have even more children yourself when you're married

Most of the food you buy comes in the mega sized packs

You love meeting equally large families!

I thank God for my big family!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home