A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Brother, My Friend

God has abundantly blessed me with two wonderful brothers! They have always been a special part of my life. I have 4 sisters, and I love them a lot, but it has seemed like I've been a little closer to my brothers.

When I was little, my oldest brother Luke was very special to me. He was my "Lukey". I remember one night when I was little and
got hurt, he took me with him to his 4-H club, just to make me feel better. Just being with him made me so happy!

Since he's about 14 years older than me, he went off to college when I was 4. I remember visiting him there. One memory especially stands out... we were waiting for Luke, then he walked towards us and I ran off to greet him with excited squeals! He was such a good big brother!

Soon after he went to college in Arkansas, we moved to Alabama. So, we didn't get to see him very much, but I still treasure the visits we have now. Now he has 4 sweet children, and is a great daddy!

My brother-in-law Ron, is also a great friend! When I was younger, I'd often get to go and spend time at Maria and Ron's house. They used to spoil me somewhat, but it was so fun! Ron was so nice to me... he's a good brother-in-law, and has such a giving spirit!

My older brother Elijah is probably the one I'm closest to out of all my siblings. We're only a year and ten months apart, so we kinda grew up together. Sure, we have our times as all siblings do, but we rarely ever fight. In fact, our biggest disagreements are about the definition or pronunciation of words... and he's usually right. (I know, we're a bit strange!)

Elijah's gentlemanly ways make me feel so special! It's nice to have him open every door for me, rarity in young men theses days.

Elijah's kindness is also so nice! He's heard all my tirades for home made food rather than store bought and is quick to compliment me on my cooking... even if I don't think it turned out that well! When asked his favorite food in an email survey, he responded, "the good homemade stuff that Anna makes." That lifted my spirits and made me feel so appreciated! He always seems to know what to say to make me feel special. He also works hard on little things for me... such a nice brother I have!

I enjoy the late night chats we have sometimes, when we're both kinda procrastinating bed. He and I are good friends in many ways!

I enjoy going places with him. I feel so protected as we walk, with him towering over me!

He is a godly young man, and has shown me that there are fine young men out there, that I needn't settle for anything less! Many times I've hoped that my future husband will be something like Elijah, then everything will be great! :) I shall miss him greatly when he goes off to college in the fall.

From what you've read, you may be in shock, wondering if there are such brothers out there! No, my brothers aren't perfect, for no human can be! But they are delightful, my brothers, my friends.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are very blessed to have such great brothers. I never did, but God has blessed me beyond words with giving me Luke as my husband. Our prayers are to raise our boys to be godly me, too!
    You're a sweety, Anna! It's been such fun getting to know you. Thanks again for coming when Zach and Nate were born. That helped me a lot!
    Michele

     
  • At 6:58 AM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I meant, "Godly MeN"! Hee hee!

     
  • At 6:57 AM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Elijah said…

    Thanks, Anna! You're a wonderful, hardworking sister!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home