A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Finished!

I finished Danielle and Sara's dresses today! It didn't take too long... two dresses in two weeks, not too bad! I'll probably be adding a sash out of the green material, but other than that, they're completed. Now, onto the boys shirts! I'll be getting the buttons tomorrow, and then get started.

Today was a nice home day. I finished school work before lunch, and practiced flute right after lunch (and after playing a few rounds of Mastermind with Jubilee!). Jubi and I went on a bike ride after I practiced, which was fun. We went around in the neighborhoods after we came out of our dirt road, and we fairly set the neighborhood a' barking! At one time we had 2 or 3 dogs chasing us, partly because Midnight came along I suppose. After getting home, I went online for a while, then hemmed the dresses. They were just hems, yet they took quite awhile because of the width of the dresses.

After doing supper dishes, I pressed the dresses, and decided which kind of shirt I would make for the boys. After trying to do buttonholes on the sewing machine, and finding them extremely easy because of the nice setting my machine has, I decided on a button down shirt. It will make the shirts a little dressier, since they will be for church.

Sewing is fun!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah! Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you get something all sewn?
    How are you doing with your dad and Elijah gone? We're praying for them!
    Michele

     
  • At 4:35 AM, March 02, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    It does feel great to have finished them, and to know that I'll probably be able to finish the shirts in good time, since they don't involve as much. It seems empty around here with Daddy and Elijah gone... I can't wait until they get home, but it won't be for another week!

     
  • At 5:16 AM, March 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What are you doing up at 4:35am?? :)
    I'm looking forward to hearing all about their adventures in the bush!
    Michele

     
  • At 4:39 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    The time must be wrong... that was 6:35 a.m. my time! I don't think I'd be up that early if I could help it! :0)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home