A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Becoming Friends

Let's see, Anna and I met each other when we were five years old (and I have no recollection of that meeting). Our families saw each other about twice a year after that. I was always happy to see Anna, because I really didn't have a close friend in my early years.

When I was 11 years old, the opportunity to play in a homeschool band came! I had always dreamed of playing the flute, and was finally able to. The band director had a band in Montgomery and in Prattville. Well, I went to the one in Montgomery and Anna went to the other one. The two bands were always put together for the concert, so we got to see one another at the rehearsal and concert night. The first concert night, my brother (who also played in the band) and I were invited to spend the night at the Lofgrens, and allowed to go. It was the first time I had ever spent the night over at a friend's house, and I was so excited!
After a year of band, the director left for Florida, and we got a new director. The band practices were only in Prattville now, so I got to see Anna every Thursday. Our families also met for Sunday fellowship, so Anna and I became what you would call, inseparable. :)

Anna and I share a wonderful friendship that I pray will never end. God brought other friends into our lives, and I thank Him for all the friends He has given me. Well, I'm going to end my first post on Anna's blog. I think she'll have a hard time believing I wrote so much, but I did!
Oh, and as soon as I get them, I'm going to put on some pictures of our very young years. ;)

Happy Independence Day!




6 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, July 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for sharing your story with us! It is a blessing from God to have "a friend who sticks closer than a [sister]" Proverbs 18:24

    Anna mentioned you play the piano. How long have you played? I took lessons from 2nd grade-11grade. I have lost some of it just from not practicing regularly. I'm teaching Danielle (7yr old daughter)piano. She enjoys it. I enjoy teaching her, too!

    SIL Michele

     
  • At 7:30 AM, July 04, 2006, Blogger Ella said…

    That's a coll story. You girls have been friends for many years. All of my childhood friends have drifted away. You have an amazing friendshiop, I can tell.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, July 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praise God for reminding me, Miriam, of how long we've know each other !
    I did post some info about Anna in Jackson at the end of her last post for anyone that may want to read about her neat roommate etc.
    Love, Anna's Mom

     
  • At 9:08 AM, July 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll have played piano for 8 years this September, Michele. I've been taking since I was 7. This summer I went to a piano camp in Montgomery, and it was a great learning experience. It was a week long, but I learned a lot of things that will definitely help me.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, July 04, 2006, Blogger Susan said…

    Thank you for sharing how you and Anna met, Miriam. I'm looking forward to your posts while Anna is gone!

     
  • At 7:25 PM, July 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the story!

    ~ashley~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home