A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Bosom Friends


Miriam is my dear bosom friend. We are quite alike, yet very different. I am more Anne in looks, she more Diana, but we are often a mixture of the personalities. She is more bold and daring, I, more expressive and romantic. Every girl should have a friend like her!

Miriam is very musical. She's taken piano for many years, and is quite accomplished at it! She also plays the flute, as I do, and we started 4 years ago, working our way up to Advanced band after 2 years. We are so alike, and such friends, we even take double flute lessons from our band director during the summers. Just like my dream is to teach ballet, hers is to teach piano, and I know she will do very well!

We both aren't huge talkers. I probably talk a little more, but there are often simply peaceful times of silence while we enjoy each other's company. There's always a lot of smiles between us, often bursts of laughter as we do silly little things. We have quite times as well, serious discussions about different things, and wistful thinkings. We get along wonderfully however, in the 4 years we've been really close friends, we have yet to get into a big fight.

She's not as much of a writer as I am. When we email, I often write lengthy epistles, to get short replies, but I still love hearing from her! We enjoy the new Gmail talk, always enjoying whenever we happen to get on at the same time. We both aren't big phone conversationalist, but we say a LOT while chatting! =)

Her family and mine are opposites. While there are 5 girls and 2 boys in my family, hers has 5 boys and 2 girls! So, all the boys shaped her growing up into more of a strong girl, while I am more of a girly-girl. We're rubbing off on each other however! =) We are both mostly middle child personalities, but she has more oldest in her, being the first girl in her family. She's the second mama in her household!

We are very unlike in looks... I have big eyes, while hers are a little smaller. I'm more pale as she is prettily rosy. She used to be a lot shorter than I, but started growing later, and is now nearly my height. She may surpass me yet! Her hair is so long, gorgeous, and dark brown, while mine is light-brownish red, and has never reached my waist, as hers has on many occasions. However unlike as our physical characteristics are, we are quite often asked if we're sisters, as we love dressing alike, and are very close. What can you say when we have 3 different identical outfits? She is very like another sister to me, and in many ways fits right in with our family, my older sisters treating her like another younger sister.

Miriam and I are both big readers. We both have huge bookshelves, and often borrow books from each other. We are also deep thinkers, and tend to keep our thoughts more to ourselves. Having a delightful, talkative friend, Bekah T, has opened us up a lot however! We are still learning to share more and more what we are thinking, and that has only helped us grow closer.


I'm sure I've left out a ton, but Miriam will be able to share a lot more of herself quite soon I'm sure...

I'm going to miss her so much while I'm gone!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, July 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!

    ~ashley~

     
  • At 3:31 PM, July 01, 2006, Blogger Ella said…

    How fortunate you are to have a friend such as Miriam. You have truly been blessed by God! I hope that your friendship will always remain like that and built upon the right foundations. I once had a "Diana" friend; however, she and I chose to follow different paths. It was sad, but God was watching over me.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, July 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny you should post a blog based on Anne of Green Gables! I have been watching the movies w/ Megan Follows lately. I pray that the Lord will give me a bosom friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home