A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Thursday, June 29, 2006

16th Birthday Celebration

Since I'll be gone for my birthday on July 5th, we celebrated a week early. Miriam Hart got to come, which was a lot of fun! Lydia made my favorite food, pasties, and my favorite cake, chocolate oatmeal. Yum! I'm so blessed!

Enjoying the food. Pasties is a family favorite!

Singing Happy Birthday

Showing off Lydia's handiwork. She worked really hard on the cake!

Sharing the gummy worms from Lydia. I got lots of nice gifts from my family, I'm so blessed!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Early Birthday! God bless you!

    Ashley

     
  • At 8:11 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Ella said…

    Happy Sweet Sixteen!!!!! I hope you had an extremely blessed day now, and that you will later! The cake looks nice. What is chocolate oatmeal? I have never heard of that.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Early Birthday, Anna! Glad we got to see you recently.

    And I must say...what a beautiful haircut Miriam Lofgren has! ;)

    SIL Michele

    p.s. I made the chocolate oatmeal cake for our care group last week. Everyone enjoyed it!!

     
  • At 7:39 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Chocolate Oatmeal is just our name for the cake that is made out of oatmeal and cocoa, among other things. There's no such thing as chocolate oatmeal, at least from what I've heard! =)

    Yes Michele, Miriam's haircut is lovely! :-) hehe! The cake IS one of the best, I must say!

    Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

     
  • At 11:13 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Jessica said…

    I'll add another "Happy early birthday"! Your party looks like fun...and the menu sounds delicious. I know you're busy now, so it's fine if you can't...but would you mind possibly sharing your pasties and chocolate oatmeal cake recipes? Thank you so much! And I hope you have a wonderful week before you leave!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, June 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's so funny about Miriam L.'s hair? I don't get it.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Nothing really... Michele cut it when she was here, and did a great job!

     
  • At 5:18 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger The Patriot said…

    HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (Wish I could make the font ten times bigger...)

    Wow. :) I can't wait. Hope you had fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home