A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Monday, July 10, 2006

Ah...Home Again.

Hi everyone! I'm back home. Our trip was very fun and the longest time away from home that I can personally remember. Thursday morning we left, and when we got to Birmingham we went to the McWane Center, which is a really cool place! The next two days we were at the CHEF convention, and Sunday we hung around the hotel until about 2 o'clock, then we went back to the McWane Center and watched a movie in the IMAX dome theater. And today we came back home. There's probably a lot more I could write to make that a lot more interesting, but Anna does that better than I do. Well, I'm going to go read my book. I love reading, and it's a great way to just cool it. :)

Miriam Rebekah

7 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, July 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Most of you, I expect, don't know that Miriam's parents started the very first statewide homeschool group in Alabama !
    The homeschool convention/bookfair this year in Birmingham was really a blessing to me this year--the best one I have ever been to. Anna's current roommate's mom did get there and it was such fun to introduce her to some old friends (even an unexpected old friend from Little Rock, ARK was there !)
    Did I tell you, Anna's roommate's mom and her husband have 11 (7 sons and 4 daughters) children and live in Athens, AL? Seven were a challenge for me--I sometimes wonder how it would have been to have even more.
    Anna's doing very well. She's called a couple of times. Only 13 entries were offered to be in the "closing program" Friday night so they said everyone can do theirs. Anna will do "Storm" the group song she did in the recital but adapted for just one to do.
    Lydia and I and maybe 2 more : ) are planning to go Friday and bring Anna back on Shabbat (Saturday).
    Please do pray for Anna to glorify Jesus Christ each day left.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, July 10, 2006, Blogger Ella said…

    It's nice to have you back posting, Miriam.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, July 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back!

     
  • At 5:29 AM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Susan said…

    Welcome back, Miriam. And thank you, Mrs. Lofgren, for the update on Anna :).

     
  • At 11:32 AM, July 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi all, it's me ashley! I got back from camping sunday! We are leaving for disneyland tomorrow! I so many funny storys to tell you all, but i have to wait until next week! I will say I have poison ivy!!!! Oh boy!

    ~Ashley~

    ps. my grandparents live in birmingham! We almost moved there!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Ella said…

    When, exactly, does Anna come back? I think I will be out of town when she starts posting again.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, July 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anna will come back Saturday, but leave again the next day I think.
    She's going to be gone for another week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home