A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Simple Joys of Home

Being away so long this July has helped me apprectiate more the simple joys of home.

Working with dough, and the smell of homemade bread baking in the oven...

Enjoying homemade cookies full of yummy spices...

Making meals that are SO much better than cafeteria food...

The joy of a clean-swept kitchen floor...

The accomplishment of washing a mound of dishes...

Spending hours playing games with my family...

Even having my little sister bounce into my room and onto my bed...

Never take such things for granted. I guess absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder! =)

5 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, July 29, 2006, Blogger Ella said…

    The Lord always does that to us. He truly reminds us of what is important, and that there are joys in everything!

     
  • At 5:44 AM, August 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anna Naomi,

    I found your blog through an Above Rubies "newsletter" in which your mother had submitted a copy of your poem. I clicked on your "blog" out of curiosity and I have been blown away ever since!

    I am in my mid 40's...(never had read a blog before!) but I have been so inspired by you and your tremendous faith in God. Oh how i wish every teen girl would tune in and read what you have to say, then take heed and follow your example of giving your life over to Christ and living it out!

    May God bless you deeply as you continue on your way to becoming the Godly woman he intends for you to be!

    In Christ Love,
    DeAnn Parsons
    Charlotte, NC

     
  • At 7:21 AM, August 01, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Thank you for the encouragement, Mrs. Deann. It's always wonderful to hear that my simple musings are an encouragement to others. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, August 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel the same way when I'm away from my piano for any length of time. :)

     
  • At 3:05 PM, August 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "East west Home is best!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home