A Graceful Maiden's Memoir

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song!" - Psalm 28:7

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Saturday Stuff

Yet another Saturday has gone by... I'm very glad for these more relaxing days every once in a while! I shall recount for you the day, but be prepared for boringness! :-)

I got up quite late, (10 a.m.!) after a very refreshing sleep. I had devotions, ate breakfast, and made bread. I tried the new oatmeal bread recipe, and I think I may like it better than the other bread I was making. I'll ask the others for their opinion. Anyways, while the bread was rising, I took a shower. Since my hair was all wet, I trimmed a few inches off, lightening the load that is put on my head every time I put it into a bun to dance. I cut it the length I wanted, then mother trimmed it, as I hadn't gotten it quite straight! :-) Then, it was time to make lunch! French toast... yum!

After lunch I got online, then did dishes. Amazing how many people can make in a morning! Jubilee was watching Pollyanna, so I turned it on the tv in the room off of the kitchen to listen to it while I did dishes. With the dishes all clean, I proceeded to start sewing an under skirt for one of my dance costumes. Sadly, it didn't work too well, and I had to take all I'd done out, to restart some other time. I learned that working with chiffon material is a bit tricky, especially when trying to attach it to an elastic waist band!

By the time I had rip stitched it, it was time to make supper! So, I made the cornflake chicken, then made a chocolate carrot cake to bring to the Turner's tomorrow. Once that was completed (I did a lot of cooking this day!), I started the potatoes 'a boiling and made salad. Then, I proceeded to straighten my room and put pages in my new scrapbook!

Alas, I got caught up in what I was doing, and completely forgot about the potatoes on the stove! I rushed out to find them... just fine! :-) I took out the things in the oven, made the mashed potatoes, and called everyone in to it! Daddy and Elijah had been working on the cars, and weren't quite done, so we had to postpone supper just a bit. Miriam (my sister) came for supper too, which was fun!

We played a game of Palace after supper, which Miriam won. A game of Rook followed, which Miriam won as well! She had absolutely no pity for her poor younger siblings! :-)

And now, I need to get to bed!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, April 16, 2006, Blogger Elijah said…

    The food Anna cooked was wonderful! Especially the chocolate carrot cake we ate today. Yum yum! :O)

     
  • At 7:35 PM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Kimi Harris said…

    Dear Anna,
    I wanted to say thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today. I appreciate the feedback. I was so sorry to read anonymous's comments. Don't let it bother it (sounds like you aren't). I find it amusing that people are so defensive about homeschooling and the homearts while those who choose to excel in these areas are hardly ever mad at those who choose different areas to pursue. hmmmm.....kind of revealing isn't it?
    Sounds like you had a lovely saturday. : )
    Kimi

     
  • At 6:00 AM, April 18, 2006, Blogger Anna Naomi said…

    Thanks for the comment Kimi! No, I haven't let anonymous bother me... There are very different people in this world of ours!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home